1. If you ever shoot in self-defense you must prepare to defend yourself against execution for murder.
2. When you drop the hammer plan to cash in your life savings for your lawyer's retainer. Avoid this unless your life depends on it.
3. Sometimes the innocent get decent treatment, sometimes they don't.
4. It's always better to avoid a gunfight than to win one.
5. If innocent life doesn't immediately depend on it, don't shoot. And if it does, don't miss.
After You Shoot: Your gun's hot. The Perp's Not. Now What?