Courtesy of Steve Cachia via SFBay-IDPA@yahoogroups:
The Richmond Rod & Gun Club will be holding a IDPA SO class, based on the new 2013 Rulebook and instruction format, on August 31st starting at 8:00am. If you have never been certified as an IDPA SO, here is your opportunity. If you have been, don't forget to take your online testing to maintain your SO status. Class fees will be $25. Please note that you must take and pass this exam prior to taking the SO Class and complete and return the IDPA SO Training Application (see attached) to me. A copy of your test certificate indicating a passing grade of 70% or better is required for admission to the class. Detailed Instructions for SO Candidates to access the pre-class Introductory SO on-line exam are provided below.
Here are the details of regarding the SO Test:
- The on-line test consists of 60 questions focused on the IDPA rulebook. The questions are randomly selected from a pool of more than 200 mandatory and optional questions.
- The exam is open book, meaning you can use a copy of the 2013 IDPA rule book and other materials, such as the acronym definitions from IDPA.com to assist you in answering the questions. The link for the Rulebook is provided below.
- A score of 70% or higher is required to pass.
- You must pass the test before taking the SO class.
- Immediate feedback on missed questions is provided within the software at the end of the exam, along with the rules citation for the correct answer, and an acknowledgment of passing or failing.
- Please forward to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your exam certificate (or the e-mail you receive) indicating that you passed the exam with a grade of 70% or higher. Alternatively, you may bring a paper copy of either to the SO Class as confirmation of your having passed. You are also encouraged to bring a copy of your exam feedback to the class so that you can review any missed questions from the exam with the SOI.
- There is a time limit of 3 hours (180 minutes) for the test
- You may only take the exam once in a 24 hour period.
- You may stop and save your work and return at a later time to finish.
- Once you have passed the exam, you will no longer be able to login to the system.
- When you follow the link you will be asked for your IDPA Member Number – please have that available. Instructions on the screen will guide you from question to question.
If you have any technical issues (e.g. accessing test, website errors) with the test you can contact support at SOEducation@idpa.com. They will respond to your email within 2 business days.
You will be asked for:
- Your IDPA Member number
- Your name
- The name of the SOI (Steve Cachia)
- The date of the class (August 31, 2013)
- An acknowledgement that you agree to abide by the IDPA SO Code of Conduct.
We wish you a successful exam experience!
The web link to the SO Candidate exam is:
The password for the exam is: safety (all lower case)
The web link to the current 2013 IDPA rule book is:
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor